Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Trekking

Tonight we board a plane for Los Angeles. It’s only an hour flight. It will be nice not to have to make the six hour drive. Tomorrow we will journey to the central coast to my uncle’s house in Santa Maria for the holiday.

In case you didn’t know, Santa Maria, a town of 75,000, is where Michael Jackson will be indicted and stand trial. Santa Maria is also approximately 50 miles south of the epicenter of yesterday’s earthquake. I have yet to hear whether or not my extended family has been affected by the recent quake. Probably not - or someone would have called us by now.

Speaking of which, I actually enjoy a "good" earthquake, when it’s not destructive. I was disappointed we didn’t really feel it here in Sac. Kevin, to my surprise, was disappointed also. I think that’s one of the novelties about California. You probably can’t really be a Californian until you’ve felt an earthquake. ;) We have yet to initiate Kevin into the club.

Anyways, the point of this whole blog (although I really got off track) is to . . .

wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo

Frohe Weihnachten und ein gl|ckliches Neues Jahr!

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Année!

S nastupaiushchim Novym godom i s Rozhdestvom Khristovym!

Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo!

Meri Kurisumasu soshite Akemashite Omedeto!

Shen tan jie kuai le. Hsin Nien Kuaile

(inupik) Jutdlime pivdluarit ukiortame pivdluaritlo!

(Okay I think that takes care of all of you! The last one was for my Eskimo friends - I love you guys!!)

No comments: