Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Noel Musings

This morning Kevin headed off to court for his second hearing in two days. I think he’s having a lot of fun with this whole lawyer thing. God has really blessed him with a great job. His boss is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. A nice lawyer - imagine that!

Brrr. I think it’s always 10 degrees colder downtown than it is at our house. I froze my tail off while walking to the office this morning. Just to make sure I wasn’t fantasizing about all this cold weather, I logged onto weather.com to check the facts. Sure enough! It’s 36 degrees in Sacramento. In case you’re interested, it’s 50 degrees in Long Beach, 46 degrees in Indianapolis, and 41 degrees in Purcellville, VA.

Yesterday afternoon I took time off work to do some baking. By early evening, I had successfully baked some ninety-billion cookies. Six different varieties, too. Kevin came home and asked what’s for dinner. I had my hands deep in dough and told him to warm up leftovers. He asked me if I was hungry too. I smiled sheepishly. He got the hint. If Amy is around cookie dough all afternoon, the chances are very slim she’ll be hungry for dinner. Just so you know.

Later on, we got out our little box of Christmas tree decorations and trimmed the tree. Finally! We’ve had a bare tree far too long! It was fun to discover decorations that were given to us as wedding gifts - things we didn’t know we had. For instance, we had some really shiny golden bows and some gold beads, etc. Now all we need is something for the top.

Tonight is the Kenny Rogers concert. Should be interesting!

Developing . . .

No comments: