Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Amy the Romantic

Before I married her, I never realized that Amy was such a romantic. She was the woman who was going to be a lawyer, run for president, take over the world, didn't have time to be bothered with boys or romance, etc. But something seems to have changed.

As you probably have guessed by now, the vast majority of these blog entries have been posted by Amy. In fact, I think this might be only my second blog entry. It's been very educational to see our life through Amy's eyes in this blog. Her romantic imagination often colors her perception of events---a rose color, perhaps---but colored nonetheless.

For example, in her recent blog entry about our ice skating outing she states: "It was fun to skate to the Christmas music, with the big, starry sky above us." Now, had you been present with us, you would have observed that the sky last night was overcast and a dense fog had rolled in. But Amy's rose-colored perception romanticized a dark, overcast night into a big, starry one.

Marriage has somehow transformed Amy the Warrior into Amy the Romantic, which I quite like, I must confess.

No comments: