Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Stray Subject Matter

A: Did anyone compliment you on your new pants today at the office? ;)
K: No.
A: Well, I like them.
K: Good and I’m glad. But I’d be freaked out if any of the ladies said anything and I’d VERY freaked out if any of the guys said anything.
__________________________________

For some strange, unknown reason, Kevin has been placed on the ACLU mailing list. Last night he spent quite some time filling out a survey they sent to him. (I told him if he did that, they would label him as a right-winger and take him off the list.) Supposedly, the "correct" answer on the survey questions was to mark "yes" every time. Surprisingly, he did answer "yes" on about half of the questions. In several instances, however, in order for his "yes" to accurately reflect his views, he edited the survey - in detail. "Do you believe the judicial branch should preserve justice despite the leanings of the majority population?" "Yes," Kevin says, and then writes: " . . . as long as they stay within the bounds of the law and the Constitution." There were other edits that I don’t remember. It was cute. (Hey - at least he takes time to fill out surveys. He also filled out the city survey asking residents for their opinions on traffic flow problems and solutions.)
__________________________________

I think Kenny Rogers invited the chorale to sing with him so he could pressure chorale member spouses into attending and sell more tickets. It’s all a plot - that’s what I think.
__________________________________

This morning Karen and I went to talk to a bunch of private senior high school students about internships with CRI. Other groups and Christian businesses were also there trying to get interns. Some of the kids (can’t believe I’m old enough to think high schoolers are "kids") wore blue jeans and t-shirts but some of the young guys took it all very seriously and dressed up - ties and all. They were cute. Karen decided afterwards that she wanted the "red-haired one" to be our intern. We were disappointed when he chose the engineering firm internship instead. Oh well. The strangest part was that several guys lined up to intern with the local crisis pregnancy center! I told Karen, "I can’t believe that A) a guy would WANT to intern there and B) the CPC would LET guys intern there." She quipped, "Maybe they’re interested because the girls they like are interested." Don’t ask me. I’m not going to even try to crawl into the mind of a 17-year-old male.
__________________________________

The bathroom keys at the office are all tied to wrenches - probably so they won’t get lost. This morning Karen opened the door suddenly as I was heading to the bathroom with my wrench in hand. I felt like I was a character in the game "Clue." "Amy did it . . . With a wrench . . . In the bathroom."

No comments: