Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Happy Birthday, Kev

Today is my man’s birthday. He is such a nosy little boogar. I mean, I try and try to have all these little surprises for him but I find that it’s a very challenging thing to do.

First of all, he micro-manages the finances. Which, I think ultimately is a good thing. I’m glad he’s so responsible about it all. BUT . . . I can never even buy the guy a present on the ATM card because he knows before I get home with it where I bought it and the exact amount. (He downloads information from the bank website periodically.) "You spent how much?" At least I can reply, "Honey, what can I say? You’re worth it." (Heh, heh, heh.) And, when I use a credit card, he can go on the credit card website to see how much I’ve spent! Sigh . . . From now on, in order to keep him from finding out the exact amounts I spend, I think I’m gonna have to operate on a cash-only basis and take out an extra $20 here and $20 there so he doesn’t notice it’s missing. (Even then . . . FAT chance.)

Second of all, he asks me a million questions about things because he likes to play the Master Sleuth and figure out everything in advance. Argh! I mean, I can’t blame him for being curious about stuff . . . but I often find that I have to say, "Kevin, I’m not going to give you any information about what we’re doing tonight for your birthday. So, STOP TRYING."

So, anyways, I don’t think he’s guessed any of his presents even though he knows how much I spent. And, I think our plans tonight are still a surprise. Here’s hoping!

Love ya, Kev! Happy B-day! :-)

No comments: