Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Activism

Today was one of those hectic days. Slaying the dragons of injustice, etc. About thirty miles east of Sacramento is a beautiful mountain town, full of relics from the gold rush era, called Placerville. Today we rallied parents together to fight a bad policy being brought before the county school board. Before we went up there, I took a few phone calls from concerned citizens. One of them said, "I will be there. Come say hi to me. I’ll be the tall guy with a beard." You wouldn’t think there’d be a plethora of tall bearded guys at the average school board meeting. But, Placerville isn’t your average kind of place. There were approximately seven tall bearded guys there. Maybe more. In fact, I think ALL of the gentlemen in attendance were tall and bearded. That’s what you get when you rally a bunch of mountain folk.

No comments: