Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Knitting

Christy: "I learned how to knit this weekend. It's fun - you should learn how. You get to be creative AND you get a finished product, meanwhile it's a mindless activity that you can do while watching tv or listening to something or when you're in the car (though I don't recommend it while driving) or on a bus or at the beach or in a line somewhere.... there are endless opportunities."

It was somewhat surprising to me to learn today that my chic sister, Christy, has taken up the skill of knitting. Apparently another chic person I know, my aunt Carol, has been teaching her. I'm glad to hear that really cool, hip people like these two have ascribed to the hobby of knitting. It's a fabulous thing that knitting is no longer generally considered a pastime for the old and feeble. I love people who break the barriers of orthodox thinking. Go Christy!

No comments: