Monday, December 15, 2003

Random Bits and Pieces

We had the pleasure of seeing our good friend Mark while he was in town. He had this very insightful thing to say about bachelorhood: “I strongly believe that there is only one girl out there for me. You know, my special someone. My soul mate. Now, I figure my happiness depends on only one thing – avoiding that one girl.”

Visit Mark's blog at mjbigger.blogspot.com for more insights. :)
________________________________

I have now successfully completed addressing what seems like a million Christmas cards. I started licking the envelopes and then realized what a crazy idea that was. I hear that a cockroach can get enough nutrients to live off the back of a postage stamp for a whole month. Since the backs of envelopes have the same substance as postage stamps, I suddenly imagined all the needless calories I’d consume. Heaven forbid.
________________________________

Someone recently asked us if Kevin and I “did” lunch when we visited Nevada City last weekend. Kevin replied, “Well, we had lunch but we didn’t really ‘do’ lunch.” I think there’s about a $25 difference between ‘having’ lunch and ‘doing’ lunch.
________________________________

Kevin’s Christmas Chorale concert went marvelously. It really put me in more of a Christmas mood. The only stupid part was this retarded Santa Clause that went dancing along the aisles during some parts of the concert. I think he was trying to be funny. We also had a white elephant party with friends. You HAVE to do one of those every year – or it just wouldn’t be Christmas.

No comments: