Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Happenings

Bummer. I just found out that tomorrow, instead of coming into the office, I have to go to Karen’s house and make candy. Life is so rough. (I guess we’re going to give homemade toffee to the legislators and high-end donors for Christmas.) I’m just so depressed about all this. ;-)
_________________________________

Well, last night I gave Kevin an early birthday present. I got him a space heater. (I know what you’re thinking. . . such a fun and romantic gift.) The poor little thing has been freezing his tail off at work. His boss, apparently, likes to keep the office one degree above freezing. Kevin once asked the office administrator if they could turn up the heat a bit but she replied, firmly, that "Ron likes it cold." And that was that. So, I found this great "ceramic" space heater for him. Whatever that is. (I asked the employee at the store what it was and even HE didn’t know.) Before I picked it out, I took all the little space heaters and lined them up in a row along the aisle to examine the differences. (I knew Kevin would appreciate this.) I even took the top three picks out of their boxes and turned the knobs to test them out. I think the employee helping me was amused. He probably thought to himself, "It’s just a stupid space heater. Crazy lady."

Speaking of Kevin, bless his heart, he is suffering a nasty little bug. Last night he came home, drank some tea, and curled up and went to sleep. We were going to play a game of Phase 10 but I didn’t have the heart to wake him. Poor guy.

No comments: