Monday, January 05, 2004

Helping the Economy, etc.

Saturday, I believe we spent enough money to create several jobs in Sacramento. (Okay, I won't exaggerate so much, maybe one minimum wage job.) Yikes. :-/

We are so weird. Here is proof. We’ve been searching far and wide for living room furniture. We’ve probably been to 10 billion furniture stores in the course of three months. On Saturday, we were running errands and Kevin happened to see a furniture store tucked away in the corner of a shopping strip. We decided to swing by on the spur of the moment. There was one particular couch that we really liked. In fact, we sat down and talked about it for thirty minutes. Then, we got samples of the cloth and took it around the rest of the showroom to find a chair that would match the general color scheme. That took another fifteen minutes or so. Then, we sat down on the couch, again, to talk about it for another five minutes. That’s when we decided to just "wait on it." On our way out of the furniture store, we spotted a leather sectional that looked really cool. Kevin, who has always sworn that he hates leather and hates sectionals, sat down with me. Within three minutes we had decided that we liked it, loved it, and were crazy over it. So, we bought it. Ha!

We also bought several other items that day - using gift money and some old giftcards - from our wedding!!!! - that I forgot we had. I just love it when that happens. :)
_________________________________

As I try to fight back the tears of sadness, I concede that Christmas is now officially over in our household: We have now taken down our tree . . . and the stockings . . . and everything else. Sorrow and heartache pervades.

Truthfully, I find that I’m such a scrooge this year. I’m glad to have that annoying, messy, beastly, little, pine-needle shedding, fire-hazardous tree out of the house.
_________________________________

The best triumph of the new year, so far, has been Kevin admitting that Pride and Prejudice (A&E version) is a downright good movie. As the credits rolled at the end of the movie, here’s what he said: "Actually, I’ve changed my mind. That was pretty good after all." Later, though, he told some friends that it was like "watching an 18th century soap opera." Whatever.

No comments: