Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Spring in Sacramento

Spring has started to unveil its beauty in Sacramento, as flowers begin to bloom on the trees. In January - if you can believe it. One of my favorite flowers, the camellia, is starting to take over the east side of the capitol lawn. And it’s simply gorgeous.

On another matter . . .

I swear that I saw several people nodding off in the tax committee hearing today. And, for sure, I saw many a glazed pair of eyes. Especially when this one guy droned on and on - after an hour of talking he was still on page two of his seven page testimony. I think you have to be at least a little touched in the head if you enjoy the gory details of tax matters. How I hate fiscal details. This is why I think I will never run for office. Granted, you get to deal with fun stuff like life issues, education, and marriage matters. But, the down side is . . . you also have to deal with things like ANNUITIES and such. Blah.

No comments: