Friday, January 23, 2004

Short Work Day

I get off early today because of the long day yesterday. Hooray! I think I will go have lunch with Kevin and then come home and bake some cookies or something. Baking is a luxury I haven't been afforded lately. And with all the wind and chill, it will be nice to warm up the house with the oven. Then after that . . . maybe I'll light the fire and read a book. Or maybe I'll do a crossword puzzle. Or maybe I'll go for a walk. Or maybe go buy a new pair of socks just for the heck of it. ("Why?" you ask. Because I live in America, that's why. And in America, I can go anywhere I want, whenever I want, and buy whatever I want at the store of my choice. Well, as long as it's in the budget or else Kevin will kill me.) And then after that, I'll find something else to do with myself. I'll have a champagne and celebrate the fact that I'm not in law school anymore. I'll go eat all the bread, noodles and tortillas in the house just to celebrate the fact that I'm not on Atkins, even though all my other friends are.

And then after that . . . as Donna Reed says in It's a Wonderful Life . . . "After that, who cares?!"

The possibilities are endless . . .

Have a good weekend folks.

Oh, and this blog couldn't possibly be ended without extending wishes for A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AWESOME AND BELOVED FRIEND, MEREDITH TURNEY! Happy 24th birthday, Merf!!

No comments: