Monday, January 19, 2004

"Accentuate the Positive, Eliminate the Negative, Don’t Mess with Mr. Inbetween"

This weekend was rather random. Um, let’s see . . . we had a dinner party on Saturday and I only sent Kevin on two last minute errands. So, that was good. :) It was like this, "Yikes, we need an ice bucket." Kevin says, "I’m on my way." (Isn’t he a sweetie?) Then, as soon as he returns from that errrand, it was like this, "Gosh, honey, I burnt the bacon for this recipe." Kevin says, "I can remedy that!" And, he’s out the door once more to again save the day! My hero.

Oh, and Eric invited us to his grandparents’ house for dinner. That was nice. On the way there, we nearly ran over some chickens and a rooster crossing the road. I am NOT kidding about this. It was difficult to hold back the bad jokes.

Let’s see . . . what else? Oh, we were both enlightened by a book on personality differences in relationships. Kevin is an ENTJ and Amy is an ENTP. (My dad would say he’s an S.I.C.K., just to be funny.) Anyway, the chapter on ENTJs and ENTPs being married to each other was very revealing. We both agreed that the chapter pretty much described our relationship. One section described things ENTPs could do to show their ENTJ partners how they appreciated them. The first thing on the list was "organize or clean something." Ha!

We are remorseful to admit that, although we watched the first Lord of the Rings movie twice, we hadn’t seen the second or third. (Isn’t that terrible? Tut, tut.) So, this weekend we watched The Two Towers. The story was great and inspiring. We really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn’t appreciate so much was all the warring involved. War scenes in general don’t turn me on. But they especially don’t do anything for me when the bloodshed involves a bunch of grotesque monsters spilling eachothers’ guts.

Alright. How shall I end this pointless blog? I will say this . . .

Our random weekend was officially over when Amy drove Kevin to work this morning. He’s typically the one behind the wheel but, this morning, she took control of the car. Halfway to the office, Amy realizes that Kevin is clutching the side of the passenger’s seat.

Amy: "Aren’t you glad when I drive you to work?"
Kevin: Suddenly bursts out laughing.
Amy: "What’s funny?"
Kevin: More laughter
Amy: "Don’t you just love it when you can sit back and RELAX in the car? Shouldn’t I drive you places more often?"

This last question results in even louder, more uncontrollable laugher erupting from Kevin.

Amy doesn’t get it.
_________________________________

Oh, and on a final note . . . Happy MLK Day!

No comments: