Wednesday, March 17, 2004

St. Patty's Day

Today is St. Patrick’s Day. I trust that all of you guys are wearing green today. This morning Kevin told our friend Angela that it’s more appropriate to wear orange (after William of Orange) on March 17th because we are Protestant, not Catholic. So, I suppose, if you’re wearing orange, that’s okay too. I won’t reach out and give you a cyber pinch because of it! This morning I picked out a green tie for Kevin to wear to work. His least favorite color, as far as ties are concerned, is green. He’s more of a red and yellow tie kind of guy. But he wore it for me. (Probably because he doesn’t have any orange ties!) This morning I put on a sea-foam colored top. Kevin challenged the validity of it. "That’s not green!" To which I replied: "But green material had to be used to make it. So it counts!" Kevin said that my argument was a bunch of bunk. I replied, "Yeah, but that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it." Oh, and I’m very proud of myself. In order to be a good, festive, little wife, I got up early enough to throw corned beef into the crock pot. Last year, I made a green-colored mint-flavored cake. Don’t think I’ll have time for that this year. But at least I did the traditional St. Patrick’s meal. So, I’ve done my part to maintain the spirit of the holiday.

Karen gave me another good idea this morning - make scrambled eggs for breakfast and dye them green. I think I’ll try that next year! Sounds fun. Yay for happy food!!

No comments: