Wednesday, March 03, 2004

AWOL

I plan to be AWOL from the blogging world for the next few days as I leave (at some ungodly hour) tomorrow morning for a business trip in San Diego. Kevin will be manning the fort (the apartment, whatever) without me. And I'm sure he will do a fabulous job. I'm looking forward to going to S.D., but will miss Kevin, of course. Karen and I will be staying on Coronodo Island. Our hotel is right on the beach. We will attend a conference with a bunch of upper class folk. The beach will be fun - but I'm not so sure about the rich people. Rich/famous people have never really phased me. In fact, I think most of them are boring. Especially people who are famous because of business or politics. Usually they aren't very good conversationalists. My life experience has revealed that these sorts of people are good at talking about their "issue" or type of business, but they, generally, aren't very good at small talk. But that's my personal, and very humble, opinion. Maybe I'll change my mind after the conference. (Here's hopin'!) Karen is going to get her nails done right now. My nails currently look like I scrub washer boards for a living. But that's okay. Again, I don't really care. As long as I get a chance to run barefoot in the sand and slpash in the water, and see a sunset on the ocean, the trip will be very worthwhile. Very. San Diego, here I come.

No comments: