Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Shopping and Frolicking

Last night we went suit shopping for Kevin. Poor guy has to wear suits every day for work (his boss is really old-school) and his wardrobe has been lacking for way too long. So, we made a trip to Men’s Wearhouse and loaded him up. Kev really hesitated at spending so much money. I told him that’s why God had him get married - so his wife could make him spend the money! We left his suits at the store to be tailored. Next we went to Old Navy and I bought some flip-flops. Across from Old Navy was one of those gigantic Krispy Kreme doughnut stores with huge glass windows so you can see the doughnuts being made. Kevin had never had the experience of watching them, from dough, to oven, to conveyor belt, to frying in grease, to riding through a waterfall of frosting, to conveyor belt, to box. After spending so much money on suits, he was averse to spending any more money - even on doughnuts. I told him, "You’re not going to fret about $2 for doughnuts after you just spent $$$$$$ on suits, are you?!" He said he was afraid I was going to say that. So, we went and had our Krispy Kreme adventure anyway.

Yum. There’s hardly anything better than fresh, hot Krispy Kremes.
_______________________________

So I bought these shoes. They are brown open-toed w/ a silver buckle. Very cute. I showed them to Kevin when I arrived home. He liked them too. And then I put them on and realized that I was almost as tall as he is. Seriously! But they are really cute. So I’ve decided to ignore the five-inch heel (which I apparently ignored when buying them) and keep them anyway. I’ll just be a really tall chick when I wear them.

You know, that brings up another point. I have to be really careful to not gain weight as I get older - because I’m tall. You see, if you’re short and pudgy that’s okay. If you’re tall and gain weight, you’re not just "tall" anymore. You’re BIG in general. And I don’t think I really want to be a "big woman."

Ugh. No more Krispy Kremes for me. ;)

No comments: