Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Advice You Didn’t Need: What You Should Wear this Spring

Pink. Pastel pink. Hot pink. Any shade of pink in-between. Pink is definitely the color of the 2004 Spring fashion season. (Just in case you live somewhere where it’s still snowing outside and the malls have not begun to stock their shelves with spring clothes yet, I thought I’d give you a heads-up!) :-)

This is the conclusion I’ve come to after spending two plus hours in the mall yesterday - after surveying a great variety of stores and viewing a large array of manequins and models on posters. It’s all about pink. Definitely. Trust me on this one. Oh, and a lot of it was pink and black. You know . . . polka dots, stripes, whatever. So, if you want to look hip this Spring, you definitely need to invest in a few good pink outfits.

Honestly, though, after being in the mall for over two hours I was almost starting to get sick of staring at pink for so long. I couldn’t escape it. It was everywhere! So, on second thought, I take back the advice I just gave you.

Be BOLD. Be different. Be unique.

Wear anything this Spring but . . . pink.
____________________________________

Flibbertigibbet: A silly, flighty, or scatterbrained person, especially a pert young woman with such qualities.

Isn’t that a cool word? And I’m sure I’ll be able to apply it to my life on a semi-regular basis, too. That’s what happens when you sign up for dictionary.com’s word of the day. You learn all sorts of new, fun, practical words. Then you can post them on your blog to impress all your friends.

No comments: