Thursday, March 11, 2004

Nothing is Sure in Life but . . . Taxes

It’s that time of year! Last night there were two chores to tackle: 1) a mound of dishes and 2) income taxes. I looked over at the pile of dirty dishes on the counter. It was pretty bad. The worst kinds of dirty dishes were there. You know what I’m talking about, don’t you? Those large pots and pans that have brown food goo semi-permanently stuck to the sides. Not being too thrilled about the intense manual labor that would be required to clean those dishes, I made this suggestion to Kevin: "How ‘bout you do the dishes and I’ll do the taxes?"
"Okay," he said.
(Pause)
"How do you do taxes, again?" I asked.

Seriously. I’m grateful that God has always supplied me a person to do my taxes for me. When I was single, he gave me someone who was a real sucker. Then, he gave me a husband. Ahhh. Life is good. Kevin tells me that I really should learn how to do my own taxes someday. I always tell him that "next year" will be the year that I learn. So far he’s accepted that answer. Heh, heh.

No comments: