Friday, February 13, 2004

Valentine Confessions

A friend at work has a "Single Female Awareness Day" sign posted on her calendar for tomorrow. This made me reminisce on Valentine's gone by. Long before I had a sweetheart in my life, I celebrated Valentine’s Day wholeheartedly. My girlfriends and I would totally whoop it up, celebrating our singlehood. It wasn’t that we didn’t want boyfriends and husbands, it’s just that we saw the merits of both states of being (to be single or not). And, of course, we welcomed, with open arms, any excuse to celebrate anything. Usually our celebrations would involve everything from glittery nail polish, to chick flicks, to chocolate. After all, we would say, "Romance is a pallid substitute for good chocolate." Now that I do have a sweetheart, I’m not asking to go back to those good ol’ days. But they were fun, in their own way. However you celebrate Valentine’s day this year, have a good one!

No comments: