Monday, February 09, 2004

Bein' Lazy

Kevin told me this weekend that I was as light as a feather. Then he immediately modified it to "as light as an Ostrich feather." I wasn’t sure how to take this but at least he strives to be honest.
________________________________

The movies that have impacted Kevin’s life the most . . . Sound of Music and Robin Hood (the cartoon version). How do I know this? Because he randomly quotes these movies more often than any other!
________________________________

Did any of you watch the Grammys last night? We were watching an episode of Sherlock Holmes and happened to see a few minutes of it. Before changing the channel, I identified a few celebrities in the front row. "How do you know all those people?" Kevin asked me, seeming incredulous and surprised. What can I say? "It helps when you scan People magazine while waiting in the check-out line."
________________________________

I’m ashamed to admit that, besides cleaning the house from top to bottom, I was an utter lazy bum this weekend. We were invited to go skiing, again, but declined. Cash doesn’t sprout on bushes, you know. ;) Instead, I invited some girls over to watch Pride and Prejudice . . . again. All six hours of it. My rationale: I thought I should get my money’s worth while I have it in my possession. "But you didn’t pay for it," Kevin said. "That’s besides the point," I replied.

So, anyway, because of my indoctrination of Kevin to P&P, he now crinkles up his face and randomly quotes the line, "Oh Mistuh Bennett!" Very cute.

The funny (sad) part is that I spent six hours watching TV on the most GORGEOUS and BEAUTIFUL Saturday that we’ve had in three months. The weather has been awesome. Kevin even put his sun roof down on Sunday after church.

Now I am consumed with a new resolve to get off my lazy duff and make better use of myself on future sun-shiney Saturdays.
________________________________

P.S. The whole Martha Stewart trial is interesting to me. I’ve always been fascinated with white collar crime. (This may be a "nerd" thing but, I probably am a nerd when it comes to certain things.) In a lot of respects, I think white collar crime is worse than other forms of crime. It’s all about filthy lucre. I hope there is justice in this case, whatever happens. Martha is an amazingly talented woman and an inspiration to many. On the other hand, I secretly wonder how many domestically-frustrated American women out there hate Martha and want to see her fried. (The tension builds.) It will be interesting as things develop.

No comments: