Monday, February 02, 2004

The Call

So, my sister Betsy calls me and says, "Guess what?" By the tone of her voice, she was very excited. "What?" I asked. I hadn't heard from her in a while and I wasn't sure what the call was about. My first thought was that she got engaged or something. "Are you going to congratulate me if I tell you?" she asked. "Yes," I said. That's when she insisted I congratulate her. I was still puzzled as to why she was calling me. "Congratulations," I said. "May I ask what I'm congratulating you for?" She burst out: "I'm starting a small business!!!!!" She was incredibly ecstatic about the whole thing. I was almost disappointed she wasn't engaged. It turns out that she has formed a partnership to sell women's dirt biking apparel. (It all seems very random, I know. Leave it to my beloved Betsy.) So, if anyone is interested in women's dirt biking apparel, I have a great contact for you.

No comments: