Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Today's Prejudices

The current debate in our household is whether or not Michael Jackson is a sick pervert or just a "different sort of guy." Keep in mind that I will obviously be biased in relaying the facts to you. Let me note, however, that Kevin has the password to this blog and is free to comment whenever his time permits. ;) Also keep in mind that our last discussion took place before a warrant was issued for his arrest (Jackson's arrest, not Kevin's) ;), which now indicates that there is probable cause to support my intuitions.

I (Amy) think that Jackson is a perverted and detestable excuse-of-a-human being and he should be locked away for life. What kind of sicko would invite all sorts of young, non-related boys into his bedroom (and bed!) for a slumber party? Kevin thinks he should be given the benefit of a doubt and that his conduct could have been "fatherly" and innocent. For instance, he says, "Home schoolers are often a ‘different’ sort of people, but that doesn’t mean they should be locked away for life. Just because you may be ‘different’ doesn’t mean that society and law enforcement should presume the worst about you." I don’t know about this argument. I’m having a hard time buying it. But, I did admit to him, that I saw his point.

Another point of disagreement: I think Jackson is at least partially transgender. He has make-up permanently tatooed to his face and, last time I saw a picture of him, he had a FRENCH MANICURE. (I don’t think my nails have never looked that nice!) I forget what Kevin said in Jackson’s defense. He’ll have to fill you in on that one. Keep in mind: I’m not saying Kevin likes Jackson at all - he’s just more open-minded than I am about the subject.

_______________________________________

Each Godfather movie we watch gets progressively worse. The first one, in spite of the violence, was pretty good. I could have lived the rest of my life never having seen the second one. The third one (we’ve only watched fifteen minutes so far) looks like it’s going to be lame. But I’ll wait another fifteen minutes or so to give it a second chance.
_______________________________________

Tidbit: MSN reports that one of the best ways to lose weight is to eat breakfast every day. So don’t think that skipping breakfast will make your stomach shrink and make you a skinny little thing! ;)

Another Tidbit: Just in case your mom ever tells you that, if you swallow gum, it takes seven (7) years for your body to digest it, this is NOT TRUE. According to Cynthia Yoshida, M.D, "If you swallow a tooth, a penny or even gum, it goes right through your system. Although it's sticky, gum does not attach itself to the well-lubricated lining of the gastrointestinal tract." (Just thought this might profit you in life somehow.)

No comments: