Thursday, November 13, 2003

Timing it Right

We have this offensive, beastly dog next door that barks and yaps incessantly in the evening and early morning when you are trying to sleep. I usually don’t hear it when I’m already sleeping, but it typically wakes up Kevin. Up to this point, we’ve been tolerating it. Anyway . . . you know how I told you about our "Apartment Nazi" (manager), Pam, and how she moved into the apartment next to us? Well, one "positive" aspect of her move, we hoped, was that she would figure out a way to deal with the dog next door. Last night the dog was being especially annoying. Kevin and I were in the kitchen. He turned to me and remarked, "I wonder if Pam is going to yell –" At that exact moment we heard this shrieking, deep (Pam) voice yelling "SHUUUUUUUTTTTT UUUUUPPPPPPP!!!!!" It was classic and it was awesome!
_________________________

Well, we’ve finally finished our budget. I feel like Congress, or something. This morning, while carpooling to work, Kevin and I were talking about it. He said, "I feel so relieved to have our budget done!" I replied, "Me too. And, it wasn’t even that painful." (Neither of us threw anything at eachother. No tears. Nothing!) "It wasn't even that BAD." At that exact moment, we said in unison, "Well, not YET anyway!" This is true. Everything is merely theoretical at this point.

No comments: