Wednesday, November 05, 2003

The Dream

Last night I dreamt that this grasshopper was jumping all around me and kept landing on my head. I was SO annoyed with it!! I remember being desperately irritated. My anger and frustration kept rising with every jump. The grasshopper was totally grossing me out and exasperating me. Finally, I pulled out a shotgun and started shooting at the grasshopper. After the second or third shot, I suddenly realized that if my bullet killed someone, I would be guilty of second degree murder under most state jurisdictions. (See, I did learn something useful in law school!) So, I put my gun away. Then, I took out a big stick to try to kill the horrid creature. At this point I was so mad, angry and annoyed that I was kicking and flailing my arms. That's when Kevin woke me up because he said I kicked him. Poor guy.

It took us awhile to fall asleep again after that. After a few moments lying there awake in the darkness, Kevin started getting philosophical on me.

K: Here is a question to ponder.
A: The question is do I want to ponder anything right now.
K: Oh, okay.
A: No, tell me anyway.
K: Who raised Christ from the dead? Was it Jesus Himself or was it God the Father?
A: I think it was God the Father.
K: Me too. That's what it says in Galations.
A: Hmmmmmmm

I think I fell asleep shortly after that.

___________________________________________

Last night we had a delightful evening. We went to the Elephant Bar first and had ribs. Yummy. Then we went to Target. Kevin talked on the cell phone to his brother Colin (it was Colin's birthday) while I roamed the aisles trying on the different halloween masks (they are now 50% off, by the way). Then we went to Borders and sat down at the attached Starbucks and sipped an iced white mocha while Kevin continued to talk on the phone to Colin. After he got off the phone, we just wandered around the bookstore finding all sorts of interesting books to peruse. We sat cross-legged in the home decorating section for a long time looking at books to get ideas. :)
___________________________________________

Well, I'll write more later. For now, I have to end our lovely time together. ;-)

No comments: