Monday, November 10, 2003

Locks of Red

I think I’ve decided to go for a new look. The challenge now is to convince Kevin. I was going to dye my hair red (with a 28-day rinse) and surprise him. But, he ended up finding out about my plot. So, now, I have to persuade him that he’ll think I’m really cute and adorable with red hair. Kevin, being a naturalist, is hardly convinced. Yet.

K: How red is red?
A: The box says “auburn brown.”
K: (reading the box) The box says “bright” auburn brown.
A: I got the mildest shade I could find.
K: How much did you spend on this?
A: Six bucks. And, in 28 days, it will all fade out. No roots or anything.
K: Hmmm.
A: So, basically, in 28 days, I’ll be back to the same old Amy. No consequences or anything. My life will be the same again.
K: What if there’s a man out there who specifically is looking for redheads to murder? This dye could cost you your life.
A: What if there’s a man specifically looking for brown haired girls to murder. This dye could SAVE my life.
K: (trying not to smile at his logical wife) ;-)
A: Do you love me still?
K: Yes.
A: Do you like me still?
K: Yes, I just didn’t know you were this WILD.

No comments: