Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Domestic Responsibility

"I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again." - Joan Rivers

Last night was laundry night. Ugh. The worst thing about our apartment is we have to carry our laundry to a separate facility. Blah! Last night I sorted the laundry and started walking over to the facility. Half way there, I realized I forgot the soap. So, I went back and got it. Half way there again, I realized I forgot the key to open the door to the facility. So, I went back and got that. On my third trip, I realized that I forgot the quarters to put in the machines. ARGH!!! I was carrying two loads of clothes, mind you, and they were quite heavy. It was all just an exasperating experience.

One of my blogger friends has several times referred to his "housewife" readers. For the record, I hope he is not referring to me. Someday, when we have kids, I plan to be a full-time homemaker. I do not, however, ever plan on being married to a house. And, thus, will never be a housewife. Thank you. Thank you very much. ;)

No comments: