Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Especially Glad

Today, for reasons which I cannot say, I am especially thankful that God is sovereign. If we knew all the facts (like God does) we would choose what He has for us every time. This is reassuring when certain things happen that I would not have naturally chosen. Since God is infinite, and I am merely finite, I’m glad He’s the one who is behind the steering wheel.

A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.” - Proverbs 16:9

I’m glad that God ultimately controls the responses of other people:

The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD; Like the rivers of water, He turns it wherever He wishes.” - Proverbs 21:1

And I’m glad that, as His child, He has my best interests at heart:

For the LORD God is a sun and shield;The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.” - Psalm 84:11

3 comments:

Amy K said...

Thanks Matt. I never thought about the possibility of losing weight over this. There's an upside to everything, I suppose. :)

Chris and Amber said...

I am also so thankful that God is in control of my life. I just lean on His understanding and perfect will, and trust in Him. I had this picture when I was little that my parents put over my bed of Jesus holding a little lamb peacefully resting in Jesus' arms, and they told me I was a little lamb resting in Jesus and that Jesus was holding me. It was such a confort to me, and still is, I think about that picture in my mind, and picture myself being the lamb resting & trusting in Him. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understnading." Prov. 3:5
Love you guys!-Amber :)

Anonymous said...

Well said Tuckster.