Monday, September 26, 2005

I think I need to go back to kindergarten …

The other day I went to the store to buy thank-you notes for Meredith’s last shower, since I’d run out. It’s like getting married all over again – just when you think you’re done writing thank-you notes, there’s a whole new group of them to write. (I’m not complaining tho’ – I really do appreciate people’s generosity.)

Anyway … I saw some cute ones with pink flowers that said “thank you” on the front. Since I thought they looked proper for a little girl’s thank-you notes, I bought them. Today as I started to write, I noticed that they said “thinking of you” – not “thank you”! I’m such a retard. I can’t even read.

Speaking of not being able to do basic things … last night Kevin asked me to play Cribbage with him. For the record: I hate Cribbage. I think the main reason I hate Cribbage is because it makes me feel like a loser. Although I really enjoyed math in school (honest!), for some reason, I can never seem to be able to add up the points on my cards when I play Cribbage. Kevin has to constantly help me out every single time we play that wretched game. He has to remind me of all the ways to add up to “15.” … “Amy, just look for groups of either six and nine or … blah, blah, blah.”

I seriously need to look into going back to elementary school. Do they offer elementary school classes online? Or maybe I can get some books and homeschool myself?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This year for our anniversary I gave Dale this GREAT card, said it all so well. I'm not that much of a card person, so I was very proud of myself. He opened it, and looked at me with a puzzled expression. "This says 'Happy Birthday!'" Ugh! Why do I try?

Queen of Carrots said...

My mental math skills are improving rapidly with playing Cribbage on a weekly basis. Give it a try. It's a central part of my plan for teaching addition.

the Joneses said...

Blackjack should work pretty well for teaching addition too :)

--DJ

Anonymous said...

I think this comes from Grandpa Spiehler... he loves that game. Brandon is fond of it too. I prefer games that require no math skills, and are just fun :)
~Emily