Friday, September 09, 2005

It’s Chili Weather! Huh?

So … I’m on several recipe e-mail lists to get various seasonal recipe ideas and menu planning suggestions. I find that it makes both cooking and menu planning a lot more fun to try at least one or two new things every week. Today I got an e-mail that read, “It’s Chili Weather!”

Obviously the person who wrote this e-mail doesn’t live in Sacramento. It’s still “Ice Cream Weather” in Sacramento. (But when isn’t it ice cream weather, eh?)

Fall is my favorite season. I’ve been looking longingly at my sweaters for nearly a month now. Maybe it’s the fact that I love wearing sweaters or maybe it’s just that I’m ready to start wearing different clothes in my wardrobe. Not sure.

Since it looks like we’ll still be wearing shorts and flip-flops for a while here in Sacramento, I’ll just have to be content with making lots of pumpkin and apple recipes to put me in the autumn mood.

Oh, and apparently I need to make some chili too.

No comments: