Monday, September 19, 2005

"That's Piglet!"

Kevin thinks it’s funny that I like to collect cereal box tops to redeem a prize. For three months this past summer I made him eat Raisin Bran (I don’t like it but he does) in order to get a free DVD. I had several choices of which DVD I wanted and opted for 12 Angry Men with Henry Fonda. (I probably should have let Kevin pick since he’s the one who had to eat the cereal, huh?) Anyway … the DVD finally came in the mail a few weeks ago and last night we watched it.

As soon as Juror #2 opened his mouth to speak, Kevin exclaimed, “That’s Piglet!”

“Huh?”

“That’s the voice of Piglet from Winnie the Pooh!”

I was somewhat skeptical but was also amused that Kevin was so astute in his knowledge and recollection of cartoon voices.

As soon as the movie was over, Kevin got online to prove that he was right. Sure enough, John Fielder not only played Juror #2 in 12 Angry Men, he also was the voice of Piglet in Winnie the Pooh. His debut as Piglet was in 1968 and his latest movie as Piglet was in 2005. In case you were wondering, that is.

2 comments:

Claire said...

There is nothing so delightful as successfully placing a face, name, or voice from a movie. It's like an obsession with me. I once won a substantial bet with my husband over whether or not Ashton Kutcher was in the new version of Cheaper by the Dozen. Of course, it's not really betting if it's between spouses, don't you think?

Nica said...

I had the same realization when Joel and I watched 12 Angry Men.

I remember watching various Disney movies and going "That's the voice of..." because they used so many of the same characters for their movies. John Fielder also played "Deacon Owl" in Rescuers, "Sexton" in Robin Hood, he was in Fox and the Hound, and also played the Old Man in Emporer's New Groove...

"Beware of the grooooooove."