Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Meredith Update

Well, the doctor said today that she is in the 75th percentile for weight and the 90th for height. Shocker! (I don’t think we needed the doctor to tell us she’ll be tall.)

The most amazing thing about having a baby is experiencing a new kind of nurturing love. I knew this would happen but wasn’t quite prepared for all its side effects. Every time she smiles at me with her bright blue eyes, my heart completely melts.

The latest news is that she’s totally enthralled with her tongue. She’s constantly playing with it and it’s quite hysterical. She also has discovered her hands and she loves to “stand” by stiffening her legs when we hold her. She’s a lot of work for mommy (and daddy too, when he’s home) but she’s pure joy.

1 comment:

Rose said...

What is it about percentiles that we find so irresistible?? I don't even like math and I'm obsessed with numbers about my baby!

The mother-love really took me by surprise too. =) So glad you're having such fun with her!