Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I can TOTALLY relate!

I can completely relate to this woman:

“I've been trying to get a good snap of Violet smiling. So about ten times a day I lay her down and start poking her belly and tickling under her arms. ‘Funny baby! Ha ha ha!’ I repeat like a moron. Violet stares at me, and then her face creases into an absolutely enchanted smile, drool hanging from the corners of her lips, toothless gums exposed. I swiftly bring up the camera, focus it, press the button, and — once again she's become mesmerized by the lens and is staring stoically right into it. I may have 100 images of her with the flat, level gaze of a baby transfixed by a camera lens.” – Joyce Lollar

But, finally … here are two victories!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious gift from God.

Anonymous said...

She's darling! We can't wait to meet her!
Love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

I'm quite certain she will be able to make a "tart" with her tongue!
Love, Aunt K

Anonymous said...

Cute but not as cute as a couple other I know, though I'm probably just a bit bias ;)

When you going to give me a link on your blog? I can become very annoying, and you know I can ;)

Kevin said...

Eddie, we would link to your blog, but you know . . . we have kids now . . . the language on your blog is a little too strong for Meredith's little ears (or eyes, whatever). ;)

Anonymous said...

You're right, Kevin. Thanks for the "filter".
Darling photos......keep posting them, please. It's fun to watch them change, isn't it?
I know how difficult it is trying to get smiling baby pics. My grandson (Sally & David's little Sam) has the sweetest smile, HONEST! :)

Amy K said...

So, Susan, do you guys have a blog so we can see what Sam looks like?

I'm rather opinionated that everyone should have a blog. :)

-Amy

Anonymous said...

I sent you a gallery link to your email.
I'm not a great writer, so if I had a blog, it would not be nearly as interesting as yours! :)

the Joneses said...

Congratulations on getting Smile Shots. Plus the tongue, which Meredith obviously considers a bonus. :)

-- SJ

Anonymous said...

she looks like two different babies in these pictures. weird. completely different. amazing how camera angles contribute to one's appearance.