Monday, October 03, 2005

Ashland Part III


Love those colors!


“Wouldn’t you know it – my mom forgot my hat. That is a very bad thing to do for a baby when it is so cold outside.”


"But my dad kept me all snuggly and warm."


Cute downtown Ashland, OR – We also went up to Medford to check out the original Harry and David store which was very impressive, by the way.


Amy tries the famed Lithium water of Ashland – this is a naturally carbonated water that is piped in from local springs and tastes like raw eggs.


Globe Theatre replica – Ashland is all about Shakespeare!


Snapshot of Mount Shasta – taken from the car on the trip home.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

The pictures of Meredith are HILARIOUS! Her expressions are a riot. Thanks for sharing! =) Can't wait to MEET her this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wait! You've tasted raw eggs before??? Such a "Rocky" moment! WOW! I am in awe :)
geni

Mark said...

I loved every moment of living in Ashland, despite the fact that the book "This Present Darkness" and the evil town where it was set was based on Ashland.

The skiing at Mt. Ashland is extremely fun. Even though it is a small mountain, they have some good runs.

Amy K said...

Oops - meant "rotten eggs" - that's what I get for typing too fast. :-P

And I should have said it "tasted like what rotten eggs smell like" or ... whatever. :)

Rose said...

What great pictures! I remember going to Ashland when I was four years old and drinking from that VERY same drinking fountain, Amy!

Rachelle said...

Ah Ashland--There is an extremely steep little road that I loved as a child. My dad used to drive around and around so we could go down it again. Glad you were able to visit.

Kevin said...

Rachelle:

Was it Beaver's Slide?

Rachelle said...

I'm not sure what it was called. It started on a main street and ended in a parking lot. Does that help? -rlr

Kevin said...

Yep, that was the one. :)