Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's All Good

Three years ago Kevin and I were bitterly disappointed by an unsuspected turn of events in our life. At the time, we didn’t understand why God had given us a certain vision, led us to a place where we almost realized it, and then took it all away.

Yesterday, however, we learned new information that what had happened to us three years ago was ultimately for the best. It was a huge confirmation that God had been leading and directing our life. God had protected us from disaster by not giving us what we would have chosen, were it up to us.

“Thank you God for not giving me what I thought I wanted.”

This was my prayer yesterday. It wasn’t the first time I’ve prayed these words. And I know it won’t be the last.

As life unfolds, I am continuously reminded that God takes care of us and He will not withhold anything good from us if we diligently seek Him. My job is to continue doing what is good and to trust Him unconditionally. It’s hard. But, on days like yesterday, I’m reminded that, in the end, everything will be good.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

That's always the way it is, isn't it! But still I find it so hard to trust sometimes. There have been several circumstances in my life I didn't think were for my good, but suddenly it dawns on me, several years later, that I'm so glad things happened the way they did. Thank the Lord he's in control, even when I don't think so!

Rose said...

So can you tell us what the amazing event is and how it all worked out for the better?? Or will all be revealed in due time?

Amy K said...

Some things are better not said on blogs. :)

Amy K said...

And, it wasn't like a big, amazing event but, rather, the last straw of confirmation.

shenes said...

best replica bags online luxury replica bags luxury replica bags

stesyveau said...

replica bags vancouver replica gucci p7l55k6q11 replica bags canada replica bags in pakistan find this t4b17b7a27 replica bags india next l7j58w3k32 fake louis vuitton replica radley bags