Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It was bound to happen ...

Thus far I have deftly evaded the scrap book craze. But now, at last, I have resigned myself to the inevitable – a life full of cutting, gluing and photo journaling.

Maybe it was the realization that, if I didn’t do something soon, Meredith would be going away to college and all her baby photos would still be sitting in a shoe box at the bottom of a lonely closet.

So, last night I went to Emily’s house. Emily is one of those brilliant, creative scrap booking people. (My mom also is one of those people, thankfully, and she had already bought me a Creative Memories starter’s kit several years ago for Christmas.)

I must confess, I had a good time. It was fun to work with my hands, be productive, be creative, and also get to visit with a friend.

Speaking of Emily, she is 21 weeks pregnant and was just put on bed rest. Until last night I didn’t really have any concept of what “bed rest” is actually like. Emily can only sit up to eat and can only shower for five minutes every other day. I think I’d go completely stir crazy! Emily’s attitude is remarkable, though. She consistently exemplifies optimism and a willingness to sacrifice (a must-have qualification for any parent) despite her undesirable circumstances.

All that to say … Now that I have the scrap booking bug, and Emily will be available for weekday visits, my prospects for getting caught up on a few photo projects have brightened considerably.

3 comments:

the Joneses said...

Aaaaaahhhhh!! She's hooked! Oh, no! Not another one!!

--DJ

Amy K said...

Hmmm ... so many things I could say ... but won't.

Anonymous said...

Go ahead! Say them!!!