Friday, October 28, 2005

How to ... do anything!

Living in the Information Age is so empowering. Last night I was scrambling to make dinner and get out the door in time for bible study. Don’t ask me why, with my time limitations, I decided to try a new recipe for dinner. But I did. I’m crazy that way (and other ways).

It was a pasta with homemade sauce. The key ingredient of the sauce was white wine. I ran to get the bottle of wine and the corkscrew and then I realized that I’d never opened a bottle of wine before. Even though I frequently cook with wine, Kevin has always been the official Opener.

To make a long story short, after ten minutes I had managed to destroy the top half of the cork. After I was unsuccessful with the corkscrew, I got out a knife. A knife should work, right?

Not.

That’s when I decided to go online. To my relief, I found this great website called “eHow: Clear Instructions on How To Do (just about) Everything” and all my problems were soon solved. I especially appreciated the pictures explaining how to use a corkscrew.

Check it out … You never know when this website could save your life. Or at least your dinner plans.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has destroyed a cork trying to get a bottle open. :)

akalinear said...

Amy, I completely sympathize - the first time I actually had to uncork a bottle was earlier this month, with similarly unsuccessful results until someone (and an unbroken opener) came to my rescue. =)
~Linnea
(ps - I've been enjoying keeping up with you three through your blog the last few months!)

quizwedge said...

The first cork I tried, I destroyed it as well, but even better....

I bought a bottle of wine that I thought was a cork bottle. Was trying to open it only to realize after struggling with the corkscrew that it was a "pop top" :)

Amy K said...

That's pretty good Dan. And I thought I was spacey.

I think you definitely need Christy in your life to help you out! :)

Anonymous said...

Tuckster, don't act so suprised. Kevinicus and Aminicus are "two wild and crazy guys!"

Anonymous said...

Doe! I hate typos! I meant to say don't act so surprised...