Monday, June 19, 2006

What do you do?

Kevin worked until the wee hours on Saturday morning helping to monitor a ballot recount in some Podunk county two hours south of Indianapolis. An incumbent judge won the primary election by only 20 votes. Kevin came home with interesting stories of small-town politics and all the characters involved. Apparently he enjoyed this opportunity to dabble in election law.

Then he spent the rest of his weekend working to finish his law review note. I decided to have a low-key weekend myself. What do you do when your spouse is working all weekend? I felt guilty to play while he worked. And I also felt like I should stick around and be a moral support of sorts. I did, however, venture out of the house to get a library card. Woo hoo!

Oh, and … today Meredith, Colin, Laura, and I sat outside and watched a storm come in from the west. I can honestly say that, until this point in my life, I’d never sat and watched a storm come in. It was interesting because it affected so many senses - it was something to watch, feel, hear, etc.

It was also interesting because it happened so fast. In about ten minutes it went from sunny to dark clouds, lightning, and pouring rain.

Anyway, I'll have to plan on watching more of these types of things in the future because I thought it was rather cool. It was an experience that could have been easily missed had I not purposed to make time for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette said...

Oh Amy - I'm jealous! There's nothing in the world like a mid-west thunderstorm! My cousin and I used to sit on his parent's front porch and watch the storm roll in and watch the rain pour around us. Those are some of my fondest memories.

Anonymous said...

Terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!