Thursday, June 01, 2006

Adjusting

Several friends have asked me if I’ve adjusted to living in a new community yet. I think my answer to that is yes and no. I feel comfortable in my new routine but I know that we’re still in transition. Until we have our own place, it’s hard to really feel settled. But for the fact that Kevin goes to work every day, and but for the days when I’m steeped in laundry and ironing, in many ways it seems like we’re still on vacation!

We were hoping to look at some houses this weekend but the realtor we contacted won’t be available until Monday. So, until then, I’m doing a lot of looking online. It’s kinda fun to buy a house, actually. (Whereas, selling a house is a royal pain.) This is the second time for us. As long as you don’t let yourself look at all the houses you can’t afford, it’s kinda fun to look at the ones you think might be possibilities ... imagining what you can do to make it your own place … where your furniture will go … etc. I’m especially enjoying the price tags I see on all these homes here in the mid-west. Coming from California, it’s a breath of fresh air.

In the meantime, I’m starting to think about Meredith’s first birthday. I think I’m going to make her a Hello Kitty cake. Fun, fun, fun!

4 comments:

Chris and Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris and Amber said...

Robin and I used to LOVE Hello Kitty when we were younger, we had so much of that stuff! The cake is really cute, you should do it!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Adorable, as is Meredith. My mother made me a bunny cake when I was 9. It had shaved coconut on top of the whipped cream frosting. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Big deal.