Friday, June 23, 2006

At the Park

As we pulled into the local park today, to take the baby for some playtime, we saw a banner welcoming the Miss Indiana competition. Suddenly young, attractive women wearing glittery crowns appeared from nowhere.

As a part of the gala, snow cones were offered for $1. After a hard day’s play at the park, I figured Meredith and I deserved a snow cone. It’s a good thing we bought one when we did because shortly after I purchased it they changed the price to $2.

We enjoyed our trip to the park – me as much as Meredith. They don’t have as many parks in Indiana as they do in California, so we have to drive to it instead of walk to it. But, then again, people in Indiana actually have backyards! It’s a trade-off, I suppose.

2 comments:

the Joneses said...

Too bad you gave up your fulfilling career and have to take your own child to the park. :)

-- SJ

JoMama said...

Lucky you...