Friday, June 23, 2006

Outing

Last night the three of us hit the bowling alley for fun times shared by all. Seriously, the evening was full of smiles and laughter.

Meredith sat contentedly in her stroller, occasionally pointing out to this “ball” or that “ball,” munching on snacks, and giving free smiles to strangers passing by.

After starting our first game, I looked up and noticed that the players in the lane next to us were “Love” and “Wild Child.” Then I looked at our score board and saw that we were simply “Kevin” and “Amy.”

“Kevin,” I said. “We are boring. Why don’t we have fancy names? Next game you’re going to be Bad Daddy, okay?”

It turns out that the lady behind the desk reset our second game and we couldn’t change our names. Oh well. Kevin said he’d be my Bad Daddy anyway. :)

About ten minutes into the evening, when I was doing really horribly, Kevin suggested that I have Meredith give my ball a “good luck pat” before taking my turn.

Surprisingly, it worked!

Then, of course, each of us had to pause before taking a turn to have Meredith pat our ball. It gave us, and quite a few other people in the bowling alley, a reason to chuckle.

Kevin won the first game by a wide margin and we started another.

Let me put this bluntly – I kicked his little behind. In the span of one game, I got five strikes and one spare. I don’t think I’ve ever bowled that well. (Part of the credit, of course, goes to Meredith for her good luck pats.)

Kevin was incredulous, with eyebrows raised, the entire game.

“I never dreamed I would lose to you,” he said.

I wasn’t exactly sure how to take that. But, anyway, it was fun to get out, do something different, beat Kevin at a game (for a change), and enjoy the company of my two favorite people.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Kevin is your “Bad Daddy” eh? Sounds like its time for a treasure hunt!

Jen said...

Way to go Amy! woohooooo

Alaina said...

Go Amy!!

JoMama said...

I say way to go Kevin "bad daddy" Koons!!

Janice Phillips said...

MK, future pro-bowler and cheerleader extraordinare...woohoo!

Rebecca said...

Yeah Amy!!!

JoMama said...

Whatever Tuckster.

Chris and Amber said...

Can I PLEEEEEEASE borrow Meredith next time I go bowling? I am in desperate need of a good luck charm and she sounds like a good one! :-D Yeah Amy!