Monday, June 05, 2006

Summer Company

On Friday evening nearly 30 people came to dinner. I was the official “chopper” of the party, I think. I’ve never chopped so many onions and peppers in all my life. The food was good, so it was worth it in the end – although it took nearly a full day for my hand and wrist to recover.

Then, when company came on Saturday night to help us eat leftovers, I was very amused by Kevin’s juggling capabilities. He never told me he could juggle so well! I watched him entertain some little kids by tossing balls in the air and then tossing them under his legs. It was quite impressive.

The weather has been beautiful here lately so we’ve been getting lots of good use and enjoyment out of the deck and backyard. Hopefully these pleasant evenings will continue …

I still haven’t spotted any fireflies (a.k.a. lightning bugs) yet. But I’m optimistic that I’ll be seeing one any day now.

No comments: