Friday, May 21, 2004

The Scary Party

Oh my gosh. Just so you know - if you’re ever at a loss for blog material, all you need to do is go to the DNC blog (called "Kicking Ass: Daily Dispatches from the DNC") and read a few of the posts. That will give you plenty to get mad about. Today I read this post entitled "A question for Log Cabin Republicans." The comments on this post are incredible. If these people continue to take over our country and push their agenda, we are in big trouble. (Understatement!) I cannot believe the hatred they have toward Christianity - or any religious viewpoint. I wanted to post a comment about "one-sided tolerance" so badly but, in order to do so, I had to give them my e-mail address. Because I don’t want daily e-mails telling me to vote for John Kerry, I declined. Ugh.

Also . . . get this. The whole reason I was on the DNC website was to research the democratic party platform. Here is a little blurb from the 2000 platform introduction: "When Thomas Jefferson was elected as our Party's first president in 1800, America was a young country trying to find its place in the world. Two hundred years later, Democrats gather at a moment of vast possibility to nominate Al Gore as America's next president." I almost died laughing when I read this. How can anyone be proud to compare Gore with Jefferson? Do they actually think that’s progress?

The real question - how can a Christian be a democrat? I’ve met a few Christians who claim this status. How can that possibly be?

No comments: