Monday, May 17, 2004

The Hour of Decision

We did it. We made an offer on a house. Our realtor faxed us the offer, we signed it late on Saturday night, and faxed it to the seller’s realtor. Kevin read every word of the offer before he signed it. I . . . well, how shall I put this? I was more concerned with looking at the photos of the house on the internet and deciding the most important things surrounding this business venture - like how to decorate and where to put what.

The deadline to accept our offer is today at noon. I’m counting down the seconds. I keep glancing at the clock on my computer and wondering if it’s accurate. (I even opened up my cell phone to see if the time matched. My computer clock is three minutes fast.) Of course I realize that, in transactions like this, often things don’t happen they way they’re supposed to happen when they’re supposed to happen. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

We are trying not to get our hopes up too much, though. The market here is so incredibly hot that sellers tend to get their offers presented to them on an Excel spreadsheet. Yesterday we were so excited that we hopped in the car before church - clad in our pajamas! - and headed to the subdivision where "our home" is located to explore the area better. We discovered a huge wetlands preservation behind "our subdivision" that has a bike trail. That made us even MORE excited about "our new house."

Stay tuned for more updates - coming soon to a computer screen near you!

No comments: