Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Feriar!

That means "celebrate" in Spanish. I know this because I looked it up in an English to Spanish dictionary. :) 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City on the morning of May 5, 1862. There are two reasons why all of us should celebrate Cinco de Mayo. 1) The French were defeated. 2) It’s another excuse to eat Mexican food.

Tonight we have some friends coming over. I planned out a Mexican menu for dinner before I knew we were having company. So, two of the things I’m making tonight are new recipes. Here’s hoping they're not a total disaster. I’m making homemade salsa for the first time ever. This could be bad. But, hey, it’s the "unknown" that makes life exciting.

Here’s wishing you and yours a muy feliz Cinco de Mayo fiesta.

No comments: