Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Lost Love

The hour of noon came and went on Monday. Nothing eventful happened - until the next day. We tried some "behind the scenes" dealing, upped our offer $3,000 beyond the asking price - but we were still beat out by another offer. The market is SO incredible here. How it vexes me. I keep telling myself that God has something better for us. But it was hard to lose this beautiful house. I have doubts in my head that keep yelling "you will never find anything as wonderful and the prices on homes (in the area we want to live in) are rising DAILY." [sigh] I have learned one lesson, though: The next time around, I’m going to try not to get so emotionally entangled with a stupid piece of real estate.

But I am reminded . . . It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Hopefully someday I will find truth in that adage.

No comments: