Friday, October 31, 2003

The Randomest of Days

- Forgot it was Halloween until I saw Wilma Flinstone standing on a corner talking on her cell phone.

- Witnessed a guy get shot 6-7 times (on television at the office) before the shooter was tackled by an off-duty cop. The victim was shot once in the head but it wasn't fatal. I hear he's a lawyer and his client was mad. Everything was caught on tape by a newsreporter. Geesh, a lawyer's worst nightmare -- the client from hell.

- Got a raise in salary. That was very nice.

- Internet connection at work was down, and thus I was useless. Left the office early.

- Exited the office. Happened to notice that it was pouring down rain. This is the first rain we've had since Spring, or - so I am told. For the record: I LOVE RAIN. I had to walk three blocks from the office door to my car but I didn't even care.

- Wrung water out of my hair before stepping into my car.

- At a stop light, observed a passenger tooting a large golden horn in his car. Weird chap.

- Burnt my tongue on soup. The soup was tasty, though.

- Must go make some presently unknown German dish for a church dinner tonight. Need to research that so I'd better sign off. Bratwurst, anyone?

No comments: