Monday, October 27, 2003

Little Darlings and Flying Elephants

On Sunday after church I played in the nursery with four little girls, Elise, Emma, Arianna, and Mary Beth. They all had these poofy dresses and curly, fluffy hair. They were very adorable. We put several puzzles together and took a few quick breaks from our playtime to hide from the [imaginary] "bad man," which the girls thought was great fun. Anyway . . . we had a good time. :)
_____________________________________________________
To switch topics . . . Kevin, being the sweetest guy I know, also has an aggressive side. Warning: Be careful when he gets into his attack mode (which, I admit, only happens rarely). He is a very formidable adversary! Sunday night I experienced this. We were playing Scattergories and he (amazingly) challenged the validity of one of my answers. The letter was "E" and the category was "things in the sky." I couldn’t think of anything at first and then realized (like duh!) Dumbo flies. Dumbo is an elephant that flies. Flying things are in the sky. Thus, elephants that fly are things in the sky. (Such profound logic!) So, my answer was "Elephants." He hotly contested this. We bickered about this on and off throughout the duration of the game. He could not BELIEVE my conscience allowed me to count that answer as a point. I could not believe that he did not see the clear justice, truth, and commonsense of the matter! Anyway, when we tallied up our scores at the end, we discovered that we tied. Ha! The outcome of the game fell upon my "elephant" point. Kevin mentioned the verse in Proverbs about the lot being cast and the answer being from the Lord. So, we tossed a coin and I won. I was vindicated at last!! Elephants truly are "things in the sky."

No comments: