Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Crazy time to be alive . . .

Amy: Gosh . . . we've only been in California for about two months and things get crazier every day. This recall business is a mess. It's simply amazing that people are actually planning to vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger (did I spell it right?). I have read many of his quotes in the papers and online and I have yet to discover him saying anything that sounds intelligent. We live in such a mindless society - you have a better chance at being governor if you've been in a blockbuster film than if you've been involved in public service for twenty years and have clarity on the issues. (Go McClintock!) "Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil." I forget who said that, maybe Alan Keyes.

Kevin: I would rather have Cruz in office as a dem than Arnold as a Republican. It sends the wrong message to the GOP party - that we are willing to accept candidates who contradict the party platform on practically all the moral issues.

Amy: "Yeah, exactly. For real!" (I have intelligent quotes, just like Arnold.)

No comments: