Friday, October 03, 2003

Do I have a life?

A: This is probably a good question since this is my THIRD blog within a few minutes. I have a fabulous excuse for why I'm blogging so much but, since we all hate excuses, I won't post it.

So . . . Kev and I are new to the Sacramento area. We really don't have any friends here yet. Right? (Hey, maybe that's why I have time to blog!) Anyway, in order to help solve our friends problem and also because we thought it was otherwise a good idea, we found a young marrieds Bible study to attend. Last night was our third time to go. Some of the people in this group are hysterical. They keep us in laughing pretty much the whole time. Last night Kevin and I had a discussion about when humor is appropriate and when it's not. Maybe Kev should speak for himself but, I think it's perfectly fine to laugh at a Bible study. HOWEVER I would draw the line at making humorous remarks during prayer time for the purpose of getting people to laugh. There's one person at this study who does that pretty much every time he prays. It bothers me. It really does. It makes me wonder if he's praying to God or praying to the crowd.

Another issue we've had with this study is that some people there seem more interested in studying books on marriage rather than the Bible itself. But, hey, I'm not trying to totally knock this group. We have really enjoyed the fellowship and we have been learning things too. There are some great, really sincere people in the group.

No comments: