Friday, October 24, 2003

Freeway Fun

A: Have you ever been sitting in the middle of traffic on the freeway feeling as though your car is going to spontaneously combust at any moment with you inside? You are going to think I'm a worry wart, but that was ME this morning. I started smelling gasoline through my air-conditioning vent. I checked my fuel gauge and noticed it read "empty" even though Kev had filled it up for me last night. (Not knowing ANYTHING about auto mechanics, I should be very careful in what I say next so I don't sound like a total idiot.) I figured my gas had probably leaked somewhere - who knows where - and my car was going to explode any second! The remainder of my drive was consumed with great tension as I feared for my life. The seconds ticked by as though they were hours. My fears were finally relieved, however, when I made it safely to my office parking lot. Oh well. How boring would life be if you don't have an imagination to break up the humdrum? ;)

No comments: